Most traditional pozole recipes take upward of 12 hours to execute, but this one takes about 30 minutes, yet still offers tons of flavor.
Diet restrictions: Gluten free
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon canned chipotle peppers in adobo, (or to taste)
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 canned diced tomatoes (14.5 ounces)
- 1 canned (14 ounces) white or yellow hominy, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 diced avocado, to garnish
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce, to garnish
- 0.5 cup diced radishes, to garnish
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat until just shimmering.
- Add onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, chili powder, cumin and coriander and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add canned chipotle, broth, diced tomatoes, hominy and oregano and continue cooking for about 15 minutes.
- Add chicken and lime juice and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with garnishes, as desired.
- 4 corn tortillas (6-inch)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wrap tortillas in aluminum foil and place on a middle rack in the oven.
- Heat for 5 to 10 minutes or until they are warm.
Make dinner easy this week with FIVE complete menus, a bonus recipe and a matching grocery list!
*All form fields are required.