I jumped on the Instant Pot bandwagon. Yes, it is simple to use, as you will see in this recipe. I've also included slow-cooker instructions for those of you without an Instant Pot. If you are planning on making the Cuban Pork Fried Rice, you will need to either double the recipe (with the exception of the salsa verde), or buy a larger pork tenderloin. I took advantage of Hatch season going on right now and used a Hatch salsa verde, but any variety is fine.
Gluten Modifications: Use chicken stock or water instead of beer for the beans.
- 1.25 pounds pork tenderloin, trimmed of silverskin
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 0.25 teaspoon garlic powder
- 0.25 teaspoon onion powder
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 16 fluid ounces salsa verde, (or Hatch salsa verde)
- 8 corn tortillas (6-inch)
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 0.5 cup sour cream, optional
- Place the pork in the Instant Pot (or slow cooker). Add the cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper, and salsa verde.
- Set Instant Pot to high pressure for 25 minutes (or the slow cooker on low for 7-8 hours)
- When the pork has finished, quick release the pressure and shred the pork in the pot with two forks (Remove lid from slow cooker and shred pork with two forks).
- Wrap the tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave on high for about 1 minute, or until they are softened.
- Remove the pork and some of the sauce from pot and transfer to a serving dish.
- To serve, divide pork between each softened tortilla, then top with lettuce, cheese and optional sour cream.
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 1 canned pinto beans (15 ounces), undrained
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 5 ounces Rotel tomatoes, undrained
- 1 garlic cloves, chopped
- 0.5 cup beer
- In a medium skillet, add bacon and cook until just beginning to brown.
- Add onion and cook until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients, bring to a simmer, and continue cooking for about 20 minutes.
Make dinner easy this week with FIVE complete menus, a bonus recipe and a matching grocery list!
*All form fields are required.