Check out how easy this is! Just add everything to the slow cooker and off you go! The flavors are outstanding too! If you prefer boneless chicken breasts, just reduce the cooking time by a few hours. I find they tend to dry out after 6-7 hours of slow-cooking.
Gluten Modifications: Be sure the taco seasoning is gluten-free. Use a gluten-free cornbread muffin mix.
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 canned black beans (14.5 ounces), rinsed and drained
- 1 canned tomato sauce (8 ounce)
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 canned Ro-Tel Diced Tomatoes & Green chiles
- 1 packaged taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 bone-in chicken breast halves, skin and excess fat removed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 0.25 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine onion, beans, tomato sauce, corn, Rotel, taco seasoning, chili powder, cumin, and oregano in a slow cooker; mix well.
- Nestle chicken in to completely cover.
- Cook on low for 7 hours.
- Half an hour before serving, remove chicken and let cool for about 15 minutes.
- Remove bones and shred meat.
- Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in completely.
- Continue cooking for the last 15 minutes or so.
- Stir in lime juice to taste, and top each serving with fresh cilantro.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 5.25 fluid ounces whole milk, (2/3 cup)
- 0.5 cup shredded Cheddar
- 1 cornbread muffin mix (6 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray muffin cups with cooking spray.
- When oven is hot, add muffin pan to heat while preparing muffin mixture.
- In a large bowl, stir together the egg, milk, cheddar and muffin mix.
- Remove muffin pan from oven. Spoon batter into each cup until about 2/3 full.
- Return pan to oven and bake for about 15 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown.
Make dinner easy this week with FIVE complete menus, a bonus recipe and a matching grocery list!
*All form fields are required.