For years I would always order these at my favorite Thai restaurant, but no more!! I think my version tastes just as good...if not better...than that restaurant!
Diet restrictions: Low carb, Gluten free
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1.25 pounds ground turkey
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon chile sauce (Sriracha), or to taste
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 cup broccoli slaw
- 0.5 cup canned sliced water chestnuts, cut into matchsticks
- 12 Bibb lettuce leaves
- 0.25 cup dry roasted peanuts
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add turkey and cook, stirring frequently to break up large pieces, until thoroughly cooked.
- Stir in onions, cilantro, mint, lime juice, fish sauce, peanut butter, Sriracha, honey, broccoli slaw and water chestnuts.
- Cook 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, until hot.
- To serve, spoon 2 heaping tablespoons turkey mixture onto each lettuce leaf; wrap around filling.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts and serve.
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- 0.5 teaspoon kosher salt
- 0.25 teaspoon black pepper
- 0.25 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Place the cucumbers in a medium bowl. Toss with the salt and pepper. Add the rice vinegar, sesame oil and sesame seeds and toss again. Set aside to marinate, either on the counter or in the refrigerator, for about 20 minutes. Serve.
Make dinner easy this week with FIVE complete menus, a bonus recipe and a matching grocery list!
*All form fields are required.