Another dish I have been making for many years, and always with rave reviews. But with shrimp, white wine, feta…you can’t go wrong!
Gluten Modifications: Use a gluten-free pasta.
- 16 Under 15/pound shrimp, peeled, deveined and patted dry
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 garlic cloves, large, minced
- 0.75 teaspoon dried oregano
- kosher salt, to taste
- 0.25 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 0.5 cup dry white wine
- 1 canned diced tomatoes (14.5 ounces) (preferably fire-roasted)
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, shrimp, oregano, salt and pepper flakes and cook, turning once, until the shrimp are almost but not quite cooked, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the skillet and transfer them to a shallow casserole just large enough to hold them in a single layer, or to 4 individual baking dishes.
- Add the dry white wine to the skillet and boil over medium-high heat until it is reduced by half, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook just until heated through, about 30 seconds.
- Top the shrimp with the tomatoes and cooking liquid, dividing it equally if using individual dishes.
- Crumble the cheese over the top. Bake in the center of the oven for about 15 minutes or until bubbly.
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- kosher salt, as needed
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut in pieces
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add salt and orzo and cook according to package directions. Add peas to pasta water during the last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain.
- Return orzo and peas to the pan. Stir in the butter, taste for seasoning and serve.
Make dinner easy this week with FIVE complete menus, a bonus recipe and a matching grocery list!
*All form fields are required.